Greetings from OREGON!

Monday, June 16, 2008

We're almost halfway through our Haskins' family roadtrip vacation....complete with a packed Ford Explorer, 2100 miles of driving, and chili for dinner! Don't YOU wish you were here?  So far we have stayed in Ontario, Oregon at the hotel we renamed "Ghetto Inn", (I think you get the point), a two-day trip in Prineville, Oregon to see our Aunt Pat and Uncle Randi, and we just arrived at Cannon Beach today.  

In Prineville, we had the awesome opportunity to go to Smith Rocks....a world-renowned National Park known for it's great rock climbing.  Kelly and I scaled up the mountains, and even my brave dad gave it a go!  I'm happy to say that my dad belayed Kelly and trusts him to be a good husband to me because he came down the mountain safe and sound!  Phew!  My Aunt Pat treated us to delicious food, and even went out of her way to cook veggie version for me....thanks Aunt Pat!  We ended the day galloping away into the sunset on my Aunt and Uncle's new horse, Badger.  

Happy Fathers Day Travis and Dad!  We love you guys!  

After 6 hours of driving, and a stop at Mount Hood, we arrived here in Cannon Beach.  The weather is gray and cold, but nevertheless it is gorgeous here, and we are happy to be out of the car for a few days!  The water is a bit too nippy to take a dip, but we plan on seeing haystack rock tomorrow and seeing some of the other sights of this gorgeous area.  
Kelly and I hope you all are doing wonderful, and if you're a dad, that you had a great and blessed Father's Day!  



Shelli and Badger the Horse!  (He looks so excited to go for a ride!)



Cool Dudes Kelly and Ty getting ready for more fun times in the car!  Woohoo!



Kelly showing off his sweet climbing skills up Rope-de-Dope at Smith Rock, OR.



Trusting my life with dad belaying me!  He did awesome!



Dad's ascent up the mountain, in boots!  I'm impressed!  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come back any time! love you all Pat