I survived...

Friday, January 2, 2009

the New Years Eve Youth lock-in. Barely. 7pm to 7am. 30+ Junior and Senior High youth. 6 leaders. 1 hour of basketball, 1 of dodgeball. 4 movies, countless video games, 12 pizzas, who knows how many sodas, and one amazing and extremely good God.

See I was reminded of why we do all this. Last year’s lock-in we were completely impressed if we had 15 youth. Lets just say we under-planned this year when the kids kept pouring through the doors. Thirty!? Really? And we still had a handful of youth who didn’t make it. Tons of friends. For a moment I realized, many walked through the doors of a church for the first time, some walked through having their perceptions of what a Christ follower really is, shattered, some heard God’s wisdom in ways they had not yet imagined, some were inspired to know Him more. Some were inspired to love Him more. Whatever happened, I pray, I hope God changed lives for the better. That they all, we all, would know Him more. For some it opened doors for them to enjoy this journey with us, and I hope and pray they do. God is amazing. I love being part of this ministry with Him, with my wife, and with these kids. He is indescribable. She is wonderful, and my everything. They are outstanding. I am so unworthy of all this.

0 comments: