Sorry Ladies, He's Taken!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our baby Noah is one week old today, and I can hardly believe how fast it has gone! Our life has been turned completely upside-down as we are learning the ins and outs of parenting to this new little person that we brought into the world. Sleepless nights, continuous migraines, and new-parent anxiety have worn us out, but brought us so much closer as a family.

This last week has given me an entirely new perspective on the man that I married. I have found so much respect, love, appreciation, admiration, and awe for all he does for me, and for Noah. Kelly would stop at nothing to protect and provide for us! Throughout my pregnancy, Kelly went to EVERY prenatal appointment. He rearranged his schedule because it meant that much to him. Noah has had jaundice, and already been to the pediatrian 3 times this past week, and despite being busy with work, he has been to them all...(He even came to the circumcision appointment! I think Kelly was in more pain as a spectator than Noah was!) Noah has also had a very hard time eating, and Kelly has woken up with us at night to help Noah with his "midnight munchies".
I have loved watching Kelly transform from an exceptional husband, to an exceptional dad as well. I love watching him hold his son, sing to him, and cuddle. I praise God for such a wonderful husband, and am so grateful that Noah has such a great daddy. Thank you Kelly, for loving us so much!




5 comments:

Ange said...

What a cute little boy. It looks like you guys are getting adjusted quickly. You are so lucky to have such a sweet and helpful husband.

jen said...

So glad to hear that Noah is doing well. He is such a cutie. I feel bad that your migraines are giving you such grief. Migraines are difficult enough but then throw in having just given birth and adapting to being a new mom and they are really unbearable. I hope and pray you find relief soon. Your little family of three is adorable!

Anonymous said...

It takes two! I think you both are adapting well! Noah is blessed!

Beki said...

I love the feeling that All is well. I can't even express how wonderful it is to see you and Kelly as parents- and fantastic ones at that! Congratulations again you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a special time! I knew you would both be awesome parents--Noah is very blessed.

Praying for those headaches...

Rob